- Stephen Harper is Chairman and CEO of Harper & Associates Consulting, a firm that helps clients navigate global business risk and is on the board of Recover Energy Services Inc.
- Stephen Harper won three successive national elections and was the longest serving Conservative Prime Minister since Canada’s founding
- For almost a decade, he led Canada through the world’s most complex geopolitical, security and economic challenges
- Under his leadership, Canada emerged from the 2008 economic crisis faster and stronger than its peers. Among his many accomplishments in office, Stephen Harper brought federal taxes to their lowest level in 50 years, balanced the budget while making investments in health care and infrastructure, and expanded Canada’s international trade network tenfold
- He participated the world’s top forums including the G-7 and G-20, NATO, and the United Nations. As the host leader of the 2010 G-20 summit in Toronto, and as an economist by training, he shaped financial reform frameworks, implemented a sustainable approach to fiscal stimulus, and led the call for open markets and pragmatic, growth-oriented economic policy